[Gllug] Black day

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Thu Jan 16 17:12:04 UTC 2003

On Thu 16 Jan Dylan wrote:
> But the copyright on Peter Pan was not /stolen/! JM Barrie left it GOS
> hospital in his will - the 1988 law simply makes sure that that
> situation remains. How can you not like performance rights payments
> going to support a hospital?

That's a straw man - Jason never said he didn't like performance rights
payments going to a hospital.

He *did* say he didn't like things that should be public domain being
arbitrarily copyrighted, an example of which this is.

In this one instance I, personally, am not bothered - but the point is a
good one.

doug.

--
<fourstar> sigmata - being scarred from a particularly poor .sig