[Gllug] Linux cafe

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Sun Jan 26 02:13:19 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 03:34:32AM +0900, BABA Yoshihiko wrote:
> There is an interesting cafe called LinuxCafe in Tokyo.  All the machinese
> are running different distros of Linux.  The services include offering CD
> images (Linux installers) with cd writers.  You just bring blank CD-Rs and
> burn your favourite distro.  Also, it provides hot spot for wireless LAN.

http://www.japaninc.net/article.php?articleID=812

"The ground floor of the LinuxCafe is a Pronto coffee shop equipped with
wireless surfing terminals, while the second floor is called the Penguin
Village, with seminar spaces and public access computers running each of the
different Linux distributions."

Damn!  I was at Akihabara only a few months ago and didn't notice it.  But
this really does sound cool.

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk