[Gllug] Any BSD users on here?

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Fri Jan 24 18:38:05 UTC 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:00:08 +0000 Tethys Tethys wrote:
> Add "-Wl,-rpath /usr/local/lib" to your compile line.
>
> Tet

Hi Tet
I know this is a silly RTFM question but where is the compile line?  I
realise from the ELF document I can use the line above for ld or gcc but
where is it called from?  I just type "make" and the magic happens.
There is a Makefile that has an area see below that has "Tests", these
look more like something that is done to check things have compiled
rather than compiling, although there is the lines gcc and ld next to
exercise:

# --------------------------------------------------------------------
# Tests

check:          coretest
                ./coretest
                -xv test.ppm

Imaging_wrap.c:
                wrap -python -dnone Imaging.i

exercise:       Imaging_wrap.c
                gcc -I../../../Include Imaging_wrap.c -c
                ld -shared -expect_unresolved "*" Imaging_wrap.o\
                        libImaging.a -o Imaging.so
                python exerciseImaging.py

I've tried adding "-rpath /usr/local/lib" in the "ld" line and
"-Wl,-rpath /usr/local/lib" in the gcc line but the problem is the same.
I think I need to do some reading on the whole compiling building
linking process to see where everything fits it.  At the moment after
typing "make" it's all voodoo to me, so I'm just going round in circles.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk