[Gllug] Users, Password and more....

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 12:38:39 UTC 2003

	One or two have asked me to better describe what the project is I'm
currently doing so, I'll have a go.

	Express National Carriers is a Hire Car Company based in central
London SE1 that uses a computerised booking systems based on a Honeywell
Bull DPS6 currently.

	The project is to move this system on to a more modern computer
system.

	Due to the highly network situation where jobs can wait Windows
was decided to be not capable of the job. and also too expensive.

	Currently The plan is (and we are well on our way to having some
of it implemented)

Hardware.

Thin Clients, CAT5 LAN, Servers, etc

Software,

Postgres (for our database server) (Current 7.3rc3 really ought to upgrade
to 7.3.1)
Jabber (for sending messages around the network)
Custom Built app written in Qt and C++ (plus one or two other libraries)
NFS (For shared files)
LDAP (I don't under stand this at all!)

	If you want more please ask I've only given a summary here. If you
are really interested give us an E-Mail and we might have some jobs
available. If you wish to book a Car phone the office on 02074033333 (End
Sales Pitch)

	My problem currently is passwords. LDAP's documentation terrible.
Ideally I want to just have my passwords in my Posgres Database and check
them from there. Any ideas?

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk