[Gllug] Mail formats

Andrew Black Andrew at black1.org.uk
Sat Jan 25 14:42:15 UTC 2003

I have some mail sitting on a RiscPC that I would like to import onto a
Linux (Mandrake 9) machine.  In the first instance I am proposing to
read using Evolution, but would like the possibility of using other
clients in the future (eg a non graphic mail program so I can use via
ssh/telnet.

THis seems to give the option of "Standard Unix mbox spools" and
"Maildir format mail directories".  WHich of these is preferable.

If I export folders in mbox format, where in my home directory should i
place the mail?
--
Andrew Black

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk