[Gllug] Net outages caused by worm possibly

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Sun Jan 26 11:14:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 10:50, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> Just thought ppl might be interested, I'm definitely having issues
>
> http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg06635.html
>
> http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg06629.html
>
> http://www.internethealthreport.com/

Oh tell me about it, myself and another engineer spent a large part of
yesterday bringing the network under enough control to allow us to track
which customers were spewing traffic and then to get them disconnected
and filters in place to block this traffic at the border and the
customer edges.

And I had planned to do some DIY yesterday, so much for that.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk