[Gllug] PC2phone

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Mon Jan 27 17:49:18 UTC 2003

Yeah, and if you use GnoPhone (http://www.gnophone.com/) you don't even have
to have a real phone.  Of course if it is from PC to PC you don't have to
worry about Asterisk at all, but when you talk about going land line, it is
pretty tough to beat.

Hmm, 4p / min... that would make it about 2500 minutes to pay for the
system, plus you would have to use it 300-400 minutes a month just to pay
for the phone line.  If you use it that much (or can share the expense with
others) it is worth it.

On the otherhand, it is a cool technology that you can do much with... like
a fully programmable voice mail box that emails you the voice mail, or even
just a link to it.  Or that calls you wherever you are in the world...  That
is the cool one.  I could have one in the US setup, say in Albuquerque NM,
have a snom 100 phone here in Europe that I plug into the broadband
connection at the house or ANY HOTEL and they now have one number that can
reach me anywhere in the world for the price of a local phone call, which is
free in the US.  We can even give each of my sisters (or anyone else)
another snom phone and they can have a hardware phone that anyone can call
them on, and take messages if they don't answer, or if the phone is not
plugged in.

Many possiblities...

Andy Farnsworth