[Gllug] GLLUG: NICs

Davies Sue sdavies at barking-dagenham.gov.uk
Wed Jan 29 15:33:43 UTC 2003

I can't claim to understand the rationale behind the way they've done things
but I do know not to argue over it.  Performance at the desktop is
considered acceptable.  To be honest I think we have other problems which
make it worse, multiple domains that don't really seem to trust each other
and an awful mix of every kind of M$ operating system.  Machines drop out of
the domain or won't join, servers getting stressed for no obvious reason,
packets disappearing, you get the picture.  I'm just hoping it gets soooo
bad that they give up M$ and go for it