[Gllug] Black day

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Thu Jan 16 16:11:39 UTC 2003

On Thu 16 Jan Jason Clifford wrote:
> Well in the UK we already have "special exeptions" where the govt. is
> given to feel that a good cause (such as royalties funding a hospital) is
> served by ignoring copyright law.

that particular oddness actually *is* copyright law in the UK.

The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 says:

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1988/Ukpga_19880048_en_21.htm
> 301.    The provisions of Schedule 6 have effect for conferring on
> trustees for the benefit of the Hospital for Sick Children, Great
> Ormond Street, London, a right to a royalty in respect of the public
> performance, commercial publication, broadcasting or inclusion in a
> cable programme service of the play "Peter Pan" by Sir James Matthew
> Barrie, or of any adaptation of that work, notwithstanding that
> copyright in the work expired on 31st December 1987.

This is however unique, and I rather like it myself, if only for it's
peculiarity :)

doug.

--
<fourstar> sigmata - being scarred from a particularly poor .sig