[Gllug] Toolkit to write graphical app in Perl?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Jan 9 14:29:26 UTC 2003

Hi folks.

I have an Ipaq 3130 and want to use it to create a hardware, wireless
networked mp3 stereo component.  As a stereo component, I want it to
have a graphical front-end but not a GUI.  In other words, I want it
to look and act like a piece of stereo gear, not something with
windowing widgets like scrollbars and buttons.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what toolkit would be ideal for this
kind of application?  I want to write it in Perl.

The Ipaq can run an X server, so anything that works under Linux will
be fine.  I intend to have the application itself running on my
server, with esd or other network-sound system piping audio output to
the Ipaq.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "We live in an age of music for people who don't like music.
  The record industry discovered some time ago that there aren't
  that many people who actually like music. For a lot of people,
  music's annoying, or at the very least they don't need it.
  They discovered if they could sell music to a lot of those
  people, they could sell a lot more records."
- T Bone Burnett