[Gllug] ISO 2-character country codes.

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 15:57:31 UTC 2003

On Mon 06 Jan, Jason Clifford wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, David Cantrell wrote:
>
> > >    It does seem that GB is correct, UK is reserved with restrictions, IR is
> > > Ireland (but it may not differentiate between North and South)
> >
> > The residents of Iran may have something to say about that.
>
> Indeed and the residents of IE (Ireland or Eire) may prefer to be
> correctly addressred as well.
>
> Jason Clifford

   Sorry, I mis-typed that, it still only says Ireland, (although I thought
it may be Eire alone), and as others have pointed out United Kingdom is
Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Great Britain being England, Wales, and
Scotland.
   I have also checked the Debian auto X keyboard setup, it is definitely UK.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk