[Gllug] Installation Information

rich at annexia.org rich at annexia.org
Mon Jan 27 15:06:05 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 05:36:59AM -0800, Chukwuemeka Osemenam wrote:
> I am considering venturing into the Linux environment and I
> wanted to know if there were any note worthy issues that
> may arise when installing SuSe 8 on WinXP Pro.

Linux is an operating system, like Windows XP. So it's not so much
a matter of running Linux "on" Windows XP, but rather Linux replacing
Windows XP completely.

So really we need to know about your computer - what sort of processor
it has, how much RAM, peripherals etc.

Having said that, if a machine is capable of running Windows XP, then
it is certainly more than capable of running Linux. There are very
few compatibility issues with Linux distros these days.

<advert>
If you purchase the boxed edition of Red Hat Linux, then you will
get a certain amount of email support from Red Hat in installing
it. See: http://www.redhat.com/software/linux/professional/
</advert>

Rich.

--