[Gllug] BETT at Olympia

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Sun Jan 5 09:37:36 UTC 2003

>Get a few educational system administrators saying in public
>that they've chosen Linux, and you'll start a movement
>that's unstopable!  Let's just do it.
>
>Regards,
>
>Mick               /"\
>                   \ /
>                    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
>                   / \ Against HTML Mail

I would suggest that "the accountants" (bean counters) should be the target. Show that Linux in Schools can save thousands of pounds in licence costs, plus perhaps a small increase in installation and maintenance costs.

Also, having just seen the light and installed KDE 3, I think the Linux Desktop is ready for prime time.

Gordo.

P.S. Tony Blair appears to be a fan of Bill Gates.

--
Linux User No. 256022///
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk