[Gllug] Secure mail access with Apache and MySQL running?

Dan Kolb dankolb at ox.compsoc.net
Thu Jan 9 14:31:13 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 01:47:26PM +0000, Doug Winter wrote:
> iptables is the standard for 2.4 kernels, but it is unfortunately
> difficult to configure and IMO is non-intuitive compared to Darren
> Reed's ipf and OpenBSD's pf.

I'd completely agree with this. iptables very often looks like a write-once
firewall ruleset :-)

[ snip fwbuilder ]

> Hopefully some of the others on this list will have some helpful
> suggestions on where to start.

Have a look at AGT (http://sourceforge.net/projects/agt). It's a
configuration frontend to iptables, but with a syntax that's similar-ish to
ipf. I'm using it on one of the firewalls at work, and it works quite well.
However, I haven't been able to get it to port-forward - I still needed to
use proper iptables rules for that.

Dan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk