[Gllug] A Little fun with dates.

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 09:10:49 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 07:34:53AM +0000, Roger Whittaker wrote:
> But Anglo-centric ...
>
> On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Mark Hill wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 04:05:30PM +0000, Peter Adamson wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyhow instead of typing in "date", I hit "ddate",
> > > and got something interesting ;)
> >
> > FWIW, this is kind of interesting: :)
> >
> > $ cal 9 1752

Well noted Roger. Different countries moved to the Gregorian calendar at different dates.
So you are presumably volunteering to modify cal to take note of $LANG (perhaps overridden by $LC_TIME)
to show different sets of missing dates. From 1582 to 1924. Some places are more interesting, eg:
	Switzerland catholic   12-21 Jan 1584
	Switzerland protestant  1-11 Jan 1701

For more info see:

	http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~kent/calisto/guide/changes.htm
	http://www.norbyhus.dk/calendar.html

Seriously, if someone does want the challenge, it could be quite fun.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk