[Gllug] Serious operation

Norman Duncan normand at teleline.es
Tue Jan 28 15:40:06 UTC 2003

Thanks for your help Formi

Well, some of this might be getting clearer:

>>uhci               21612   0  (unused)
>>usbcore                56768   1  [snd usb-uhci]
>>

> What is that snd usb-uhci? Are you using usb devices?
> If not you might use "rmmod usbcore".

USB
 - when I have tried to get my Lexmark Z51 printer working  (two weeks
ago)... I have plugged it in un USB ... it is recognised immediately
..... but  it won't recognise my host identity (possibly something
related to it having changed in some places from linux to unit0 as per
last mail)
Otherwise I don't have anything else

>>slamrmo               137632   0  (autoclean)
>>slmdm                2184844   0  (autoclean) [slamrmo]
>>

> A 2 megabyte module...

Smartlink internal  amr modem
Dont know why this has to be so big,
.... I suppose there is a way of turning this off when I am at home
using the adsl router (which is mostly) ..... and on again when I travel.

>>ide-scsi                7920   0
>>reiserfs              179536   1
>>

> I don't have much experience with this but if the scsi modules are being
> used for the dvd, shouldn't the id-scsi module be used as well?

¡I dont know what to answer or how to help you/myself with this one!

I'll see wat I can do with the hrparm  and  gkrellm  stuff.

Norm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk