[Gllug] Window Managers

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 5 20:18:44 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, rich at annexia.org stipulated:
> I generally start by looking through 'ps ax' and identifying then
> killing off any processes which I don't like the look of.

`ps axv' or `ps -o pid,user,rss,vsz,args --sort=vsz' may be more useful.

> 'killall esd oafd kdeinit gconfd' is also a worthwhile command (in
> fact I run it from cron :-)

A bit tough if you're using any of them (running galeon, playing some
music &c).

Myself I run esd in the startup scripts, heavily antiniced...

> 'killall java' - also very useful.

killall java_vm ;)

--
`I was thinking of the legendary British Weather, with the four seasons
 of winter, mud, rain, and damp.' --- Peter da Silva

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk