[Gllug] Financial Times - could Linux dethrone the software king?

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Wed Jan 22 09:19:31 UTC 2003

There is an article in todays FT on Linux.

(For those of you who are shocked, and picture me getting
the butler to iron my FT, fear not. This was flagged up on
a Swiss LUG group).

Go to http://www.ft.com and the article os on the front page
or  http://makeashorterlink.com/?W28F42D23

 "We see Linux going over the moon," says Larry Ellison, chairman and
chief executive officer of Oracle. "We have never seen anything with
this much of an uptake in 25 years in the industry."

"These are all signs that the fight is beginning to heat up. A head-on
clash between rival visions of the software industry, with Microsoft
pitched against big rivals, may not be far off."

"Alarm bells rang at Microsoft headquarters when executives got wind
that the information technology department of the West Yorkshire Police
Department in northern England was considering replacing Windows with
Linux."

Woohoo!!!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk