[Gllug] MSN Behind proxy

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Jan 28 11:23:40 UTC 2003

On Mon 27 Jan Ashley Evans wrote:
> I'm behind a firewall allowing only port 80 connection and trying to get MSN
> Messenger to work( for some windows users... ;-) A friend running XP is able
> to connect to what appers to be messenger.msn.com:80. For some reason I can't
> get AMSN or CenterICQ to connect. Does anybody have and experience with MSN
> connections

Apparently newer versions of MSN will tunnel through port 80 - I expect
the version you are using doesn't support this marvellous and well
thought out feature.

I suggest you ask your network admins to allow access to the standard
MSN ports.

doug.

--
<fourstar> sigmata - being scarred from a particularly poor .sig