OT: Joke (was Re: [Gllug] Universities and degrees in computing.)

George Saxby George.Saxby at racc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 6 16:00:43 UTC 2003

Hi,
>1) need experience to get a job
>2) need job to get experience

>hmmm... the only way out is to part-time it when at uni (but even then,
>the amount of experience is probably not enough) or take a succession >of  "EXP building" jobs that you have no intention of staying in.

It was exactly the same 38 Years ago except then you got static if you changed jobs more than once per5 years for being "irresponsible" restless , rolling stone just because those doing the interveiwing had been in the job man & boy.
        I took my talents to the states where diversity and  ambition were appreciated. When I got back from my travels I went for an interveiw here in the UK and was told " you chaps from the colonies are very hard to verify as to your qualificatons " didn't help that I fell about laughing.

>it doesnt seem like the way to go about building employee morale and
>loyalty...
Heck" they" do not appreciate the staff so why worry about" them"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk

George F. Saxby
    Systems Engineer
       I.T.S. Team