[Gllug] seti

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Jan 3 13:26:49 UTC 2003

On Thursday, Jan 2, 2003, at 09:54 Europe/London, Stig Brautaset wrote:

> On Jan 02 2003, Martin wrote:
>> Does gllug have a setiathome team?  If not, shall we form one?  I
>> have just
>> over 3000 work units going begging.
>
> As much as I'd like the setiathome project to succeed (in the sense
> that
> they discover ET intelligent life), I'd rather spend my CPU cycles
> doing
> cancer research or similar. It probably has more chance of succeeding.

I would, if the drugs that are developed from my donated cycles are
patent free and offered at a reasonably low cost. Last time I read the
T&Cs for one of the "cancer cure" programs, this wasn't the case. And
let's not forget the debacle when one of the programmes switched to
something to do with curing anthrax:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=2542

Reprehensible scum.

Cheers,