[Gllug] odd hardware

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Thu Jan 16 12:40:08 UTC 2003

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On Thu 16 Jan, Sean Burlington bloviated thus:
>

>>I've tried just connecting to my LAN hoping it would request an IP
>>address via dhcp - but no joy.
>

> That isn't ethernet.  It's ATM.

Ok - what's ATM ?

>>I realise this is probably a waste of time but - does anyone know how I
>>could go about connecting to this thing - it seems vaguelly possible
>>that it could be made to run Linux ...?
>

> Yep, probably is a waste of time.

:(

> I'd be interested to know if you can get the, also supplied, ADSL
> modem working though...

one of the advantages of a wires only install is that I get to put the
modem in the room I want it - the homechoice modem was hard wired into
the main phone point which was in the worst possible place ...

and I didn't know if it would be useable

so I got BT to remove it

I now  have a shiny new low-budget adsl modem from dabs
which hasn't started working yet as BT drag their feet again in setting
up the new service

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk