[Gllug] OT: Swapping ThinkPad 560E for a Sparc 5

Chris Wareham chris.wareham at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 14 20:00:50 UTC 2003

Formi wrote:

>  I'm looking for a Sparc 110Mhz,
>  64Mb+ Ram, 1GB+ HD, NIC and a keyboard, no monitor required, and a serial cable.

You'd probably do better to stick your laptop on eBay, and at the same
time take a look at the regular auctions of SparcStations. You can pick
up a decent SS5, 10 or 20 for peanuts. The laptop would likely go for
far more than a SparcStation ... By the way, the nippier 170Mhz
SparcStation 5 pops up on eBay quite regularily as well, and I believe
the problems with Linux support on it have finally been ironed out (the
processor is subtly different to those in the slower models).

Chris
--
woodchucks in the wainscoting
http://www.btinternet.com/~chris.wareham/