[Gllug] RHCE

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 17:46:46 UTC 2003

Neil Fryer wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Has any done the above cert, and can they tell me anything about it, not
>details, just things like, "I've been working with RH for 10 years, and the
>exam killed me" (Hopefully NOT!!) or any pointers at all?

What I found useful was the list of items that the exam covers which is
on the Red Hat site.

I went through each of these and made sure that I could set up the
service or do the required item.

One think I did like in the exam is the troubleshooting.  This is dealt
with in a very methodical way:

get error or problem
read logs associated with problem
fix what logs are complaining about

i.e. look at config file or directory that the logs are complaining
about etc.

I found that they give you quite a lot of time for each of the sections,
just in case you do tie yourself in knots.

I also found the RHCE study guides useful, there are a couple about and
they both cover much the same sort of stuff - the list given by Red Hat
in a bit more depth.  It is quite exciting really, discovering the odd
extras that you had always wanted to learn but never seemed to have the
time.

Kind regards
Xander

--
You know it's going to be a bad day when you want to put on the clothes
you wore home from the party and there aren't any.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk