[Gllug] ddate

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Jan 7 10:29:49 UTC 2003

Rich Walker writes:

>No, "easy CD version", "can rebuild itself from installed copy",
>"fits on 1 floppy", and "free forever" are outweighed by the lack of
>tab-completion and Emacs.

It's an emergency rescue system. Sure, tab completion would be nice
(and I'd personally have included it), but it's far from essential.
And Emacs? On a single floppy? I guess you could put microemacs on.
Even if you use Emacs (or nedit or jed, etc.), you should at least
have a basic working knowledge of vi, because that's often all you
have when the machine's having problems.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk