[Gllug] PC2phone

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Mon Jan 27 18:25:15 UTC 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:49:18 -0000 Andy Farnsworth wrote:

-snip--
> On the otherhand, it is a cool technology that you can do much with...
> like a fully programmable voice mail box that emails you the voice
> mail, or even just a link to it.  Or that calls you wherever you are
> in the world...
There are some cheap places that offer this service (phone to email)
around, particularly for the US.  I use www.efax.co.uk ecall service for
our business number £30/year and all messages are emailed to me, was
very useful when I was in NZ. Would be very easy to look like an
international company by getting message boxes setup in capital cities
round the world, there are a couple of companies that offer this.

The big advantage of using your own gear is the level of customisation
it offers.  e.g. creating your own voice system on a 0900 number:).

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk