[Gllug] Rebooting Server

Mark Fowler mark at twoshortplanks.com
Wed Jan 15 11:56:08 UTC 2003

Okay, my co-lo server rebooted itself this morning.  Ruling out problems
with power from the co-lo place, how do I determine what went wrong
(there's nothing in the syslog but timestamps?)

Okay, a better question.  How should I be monitoring (logging) what's
going on the machine.  For example, if I want a record of the load on the
machine what's the best way about going about this?  I could easily write
a million and one perl scripts to do this kind of thing for me, but I'd
rather not reinvent the wheel, so I thought I'd ask for advice.

It's running debian, so stuff I can apt-get is always good...

Thankye.

Mark.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -T