[Gllug] XF86Config-4 and ATI R128

Axel Segebrecht axel at segebrecht.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 09:47:43 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I've tried a lot of things - including wrestling with all the info I
could google - yet my desktop refuses to present itself in anything else
than 16bit/1024x756/60hz ;'(

Setting the XF86Config-4 to display in 24/1024/75hz doesn't work, in
fact anything different from 16bit doesn't seem to be working. Also, the
refresh rate (although set manually and according to my monitors spec's)
doesn't want to change to something a little less eye-watering.

Furthermore, q3a doesn't seem to load with full hardware support, which
is odd as I 'appear' to have all the correct modules/etc for it to run
nicely.

BTW. Running glxgears gives me on average: 500 frames in 5.0 seconds =
100.000 FPS (max I've seen was 900 frames in 5.0 seconds = 180.000 FPS),
which is nice.

I'm running Debian (Knoppix) with Sid/testing/unstable (thanks to zimm
for helping me with upgrading).

Help is much appriciated (as always). Can't work at 60hz for long as my
eyes start watering quite a lot after half an hour.

MTIA

Axel

--
http://segebrecht.co.uk/