[Gllug] Yahoo and fetchmail

Ivan Virgili ivnmad at hotpop.com
Thu Jan 2 18:09:11 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 23:43, Wayne Allen wrote:
> > I tried searching on the but all I get from most sides is Yahoo don't
> offer
> > SMTP/pop 3 access.  I know they do I use it every day
>
> Yahoo do offer SMTP/pop3 yeah, but only as a premium rate service. They
> stopped offering it for free a few months back (August I think).
>
> That's what you think...I have been using it for the past 3 years and
> don't pay anything.

I had 3 email accounts on Yahoo...
When they decided to stop offering SMTP/POP3 service for free, two of my
accounts were affected, but one is still working.
I don't know why, because I haven't paid anything, but the oldest one
keeps working perfectly.

As far as fetchmail is concerned, I can't help very much.
Make sure you set the login to the POP3 server properly (you have to
provide UserID and password).

Ciao.. Ivan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk