[Gllug] Gnome Terminal Behavior

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Wed Jan 29 17:20:27 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 17:08, Mick Farmer wrote:
> Dear GLLUGers,
>
> In RH 8.0, when using Gnome Terminal, putting the cursor
> over a URL, clicking the right button, and selecting "Open
> Link", the link opens in a second (mozilla) browser window.
>
> In RH 7.3 it used to open in the current browser window.
> Does anyone know how to get that behavior?

Dunno, but I just had a quick look.
Apologies if I'm talking twaddle, and there is an easy
Preferences/Control Centre setting for this.

The guilty party may be the utility /usr/bin/htmlview
which is used to (guess what!) fire up the viewer for HTML pages:

#!/bin/bash
#
# Invoke whatever HTML viewer is installed...
# Usage:
#       htmlview [URL]
#
# Changes:
# v2.0.0
# ------
# - Allow users to override default settings in
#   ~/.htmlviewrc and /etc/htmlview.conf.
#   Users can define X11BROWSER, TEXTBROWSER and
#   CONSOLE variables to indicate their preferences.
# - --remote and --local are deprecated, we don't
#   have any non-browser HTML viewers these days.
#
# Christopher Blizzard <blizzard at redhat.com> Aug 09 2002
# - prefer mozilla over galeon
#