[Gllug] gllug internet cafe

Branden Faulls omphe at keiko.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 1 19:52:05 UTC 2003

Ian Norton wrote:

> I have an idea (probably one someone's had before)
>
> but as we all seem to know a fair chunk about computers linux and the
> next, and we all like pizza and coffee, would anyone agree that its a
> good idea to maybe set up a 'gllug cafe' :-)
>
> we could employ our (one pc 4 users idea) in a real world and show off
> linux and maybe wifi to the masses?
>
> i would be more than happy to serve coffee and stuff in the gllug cafe
> :-)
>
> bredroll

Two cafes have opened up near me in South Ealing recently.  Not much
else on the high street, but the caffs are booming.  Great idea!!

I'm just about competent with Linux, but a fiend in the kitchen.  I can
picture it now... Poppy seed Penguin popovers with a triple espresso.
 Linux Lemon  Bars and a Latte.  Torvald's Tagliatelle.  Kernel Krunchies.

As the caff would appeal to the geeks on the street, we'd have to sell
coffee in greater quantities.  Quadruple espresso? Lets put $tarbucks to
shame and offer a 32oz Mucho Peligroso Grande Espresso.  I'm into it.
 Sign me up.

Branden Faulls

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk