[Gllug] Sun SparcStations

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Sun Jan 12 13:14:39 UTC 2003

On Sat 11 Jan Tethys wrote:
> I liberated mine from a previous workplace :-) For those wondering what
> the hell we're going on about here, certain Sparc models (such as the
> SparcStation 4 and 5) had a single serial 25 pin port that actually
> supported two ports via a Y-splitter cable. I *think* that if you use
> a minimally wired serial cable (from memory, 2, 3, 7 & 20 -- TX, RX,
> GND and DTR), then it should work as a single port without the splitter
> cable.

I know that's the theory, but I could never get ttya working without the
splitter.  I gave up trying in the end.  Admittedly, the hardware was
being charged, so I didn't try /that/ hard :)

doug.

--
key 1024D/6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
Benidormo is made of glass and is where the devil famously had both of his