[Gllug] odd hardware

rich at annexia.org rich at annexia.org
Fri Jan 17 09:47:46 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 01:58:49AM +0000, Steve Cobrin wrote:
> Wow! they should also have left behind the alacatel ADSL modem which is
> usable with other providers. Not sure what you could really acheive
> with the old homechoice box, though

I was on the original BT trial, and I've ended up with some strange
kit: an Alcatel model plus two other boxes. Is it possible to use
these with other providers? The issue seems to be with the splitter
which was wired into the wall socket (was until I removed it).

Rich.

(Those were the days: 2 Mbps, virtually no contention, UKP 30 pcm,
fixed IP, having to deal with the BT helpdesk muppets on a daily basis ...)

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London, UK) http://www.redhat.com/software/ccm
http://www.annexia.org/ Freshmeat projects: http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk