[Gllug] Really OT: FreeBSD

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Thu Jan 30 16:55:36 UTC 2003

> I have a Siemens Primergy box here, and it just won't boot some cd's, I've
> tried RH 7.3, FreeBSD, Windows 2000, and Windows 98, and Mandrake 9, and
the
> only one which boots is Mandrake, any ideas. With all the others the
moment
> it tries to read the cd I get the error:
> "Read Error".
>
> Any ideas would be great, as I'm all out?
>
> Thanks
> Neil Fryer

You either have a dodge CD drive or it cant read the format.  I notice that
Mandrake 9 now needs the larger 700MB disks, not the older 650mb.

Is it already running an OS?  In which case can you read the CDs once its
booted from the HDD?  It could be a fault with the bios in booting from CD?

Just some thoughts.

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk