[Gllug] Browsers which support fancy keys

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Sat Jan 4 15:25:36 UTC 2003

>> On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 15:06:03, rich at annexia.org said:

   > So I bought a Logitech keyboard which has lots of fancy keys marked
   > "Finance", "My Home", "Search" and so on. I can get the keycodes of
   > some (not all?) of these keys using xev. Question: are there any
   > browsers which actually support binding these keys to events or
   > bookmarks? I'm using galeon 1.2.6 at the moment.

No, it's not a browser-level problem.  I'd use xmodmap to map the codes
to keysyms, and use your window manager to bind the keysyms to `galeon
-w url`, where -w will reuse an existing Galeon process and create a new
window with it.  You can also use -x, which would reuse a window.

Hope this helps,

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a