[Gllug] Net outages caused by worm possibly

Robert Wood robert.wood at interhouse.redbus.com
Sat Jan 25 12:08:03 UTC 2003

John,

     Ill comfirm its quite an issue, MS SQL worm

WARNING! SQL Server worm on the loose!!!!!!!!!!!
you have a sql server connected to the Internet? READ!
Friday night it seems a SQL server worm broke out and its coming
in on SQL port 1434 then flooding it and bringing the server to
its knees and won't respond to other services. shut it off and
patch NOW. It seems to have impact in whole Internet performance.
CERT-CC Vulnerability Note VU#370308
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-039 and get the patch
Or install SP3 NOW !!!!! Download SQL Server 2000 SP3...

Regards

Robert Wood MCP                 Data Centre Support Technician
Tel: +44(0)20 7531 8750         Fax: +44(0)20 7531 8701
Redbus Interhouse (UK) Ltd.     http://www.interhouse.redbus.com
Registered in England no.       3607764

===================Original message text===============

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk