[Gllug] GPM set-up problems

George Saxby George.Saxby at racc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 6 16:08:43 UTC 2003

Hi,
 Chris, I assume you mean that the internal cable from the motherboard to PS2 socket is missing.
 I obtained a socket from Maplin and wired the 4 wires which I canniblised from another plug (just to use the pin clips) to solve the problem.

 If not I am sure that amonst the readers some one has a spare that you can caniblise to work.

George F. Saxby
    Systems Engineer
       I.T.S. Team

>>> chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk 01/06/03 03:40pm >>>
Hello,
   I always seem to have problems when a package I am trying to load request
the gpm mouse system. I have a Logitech PS2 mouse, the motherboard BIOS will
accept a PS2 mouse, but I do not have the correct m/b adapter, so I used the
mouse with a Logitech converter in ttyS0. I tried using gpmconfig to set up
for mouse type ms, used the test option, and it seemed to work. When I quit
the test using <ctrl>D as instructed, the keyboard hung and would not
respond to any key(s), even a crash switch off and reboot did not clear it.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk