[Gllug] PC2phone

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Mon Jan 27 17:04:25 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 03:57:36PM +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On Mon 27 Jan, Andy Farnsworth bloviated thus:
> > Scrap PC(tm) : Pentium II 300, 64Mb RAM, 4 Gb HD
> > WildCard X100 FXO card http://store.yahoo.com/asteriskpbx/wildcardx100p.html
> > ($99)
> > Asterisk PBX
>
> Yeesh!  At those kind of prices it's almost worth setting up.  How
> many Aussies on this mailing list who want to call home for 25c/call?

Just get them to call you.  You'll at least get a decent line.  And pay half
the cost.  Usually if I call using one of those cheap cards from here, the
compression is far more noticable than with GSM, and invariably I get sent
via satellite, introducing a suitably annoying delay.

Pete
--
Pete Ryland
http://pdr.cx/