[Gllug] access.db (sendmail)

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Jan 30 11:37:10 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Daniel Andersson wrote:

> i'm now starting to receive spam and i'd like to block erik at mydomain.com for
> example
>
> i could point erik at mydomain.com at /dev/null but i'd rather give them a real
> bounce (with some luck they might unsubscribe me? who knows..)
>
> tried putting
>
> erik at mydomain.com    505    no thanks.
>
> and
>
> erik at mydomain.com    ERROR:505    no thanks.
>
> none of them seem to work :o(
> and yes, access.db is being used by sendmail.cf
> (Kaccess hash -T<TMPF>  /etc/mail/access.db)

Assuming a standard sendmail.cf build I think you need to use REJECT where
you want to send back a suitable rejection which will be picked up by:

R<REJECT> $*            $#error $@ 5.7.1 $: "550 Access denied"

DISCARD would have the same effect as sending to /dev/null

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign Up Now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk