[Gllug] new debian installation - sound setup ?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 07:13:26 UTC 2003

On Tue 28 Jan, Sean Burlington wrote:

> Hi All,
> 	I've just installed debian for the first time after using redhat for
> the last several years ...
>
> I'm suprised at how much work is required to set things up !
>

> and remind me again what's good about debian ..

   I am using Debian bf2.4 which is much easier to install than earlier
versions, but if you are unable to boot from a CD, use the bf2.4 rescue and
root floppies from revision 1 or the Debian web site. Follow the standard
installation and many of the initial problems are sorted for you. Once
installed, add or subtract as you wish.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk