[Gllug] Universities and degrees in computing.

rich at annexia.org rich at annexia.org
Sat Jan 4 14:16:04 UTC 2003

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 02:58:22AM +0000, Xander D Harkness wrote:
> I was initially concerned about the standard of teaching there as the
> second year Sociology students have a hectic six hours a weeks lectures
> and about two to three essays per term.  Psychology is a little heavier;
> however I would be very annoyed to pay so much for so little if I were
> funding study there.
>
> The Science students get many more lectures and have much more to learn,
> which is great. :-)

That's pretty normal for arts students. I started out doing a
philosophy degree from a well-known scottish university. That was
three (four?) lectures a week and one essay per term - a complete joke. I
left after the year was up and started on a real degree (maths & cs).

Warwick is good though. Friend of mine went there and he has
excellent computing skills.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London, UK) http://www.redhat.com/software/ccm