[Gllug] New user needs help

Tom Taylor tom at stolen.servehttp.com
Thu Jan 30 12:47:12 UTC 2003

I know this was answered a long time ago, with regards to a probably missing
cable, but I would just like to add my 2p worth...

The *missing* audio cable many people are suffering these days is due to
major companys saving a few quid per box they build.  This is because the
default way to play cds under WinXP is through the overly system heavy Media
Player, which doesn't use the audio cable, but rather reads directly from the
cd and outputs it as PCM. (Don't quote me for terminology)

I have over the past 6-12 months installed hundreds of these cables in almost
all new systems.  It seems most of the 'big-name' manufacturers are leaving
out this cable.  Packard Bell being one of the worst, The company formally
known as Tiny (I can't remember who their trading as now) and some others
that I can't remeber off the top of my head.

--
Tom Taylor

It's only when you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything.

(Resudaed)
Registered Linux user: #295513

No HTML emails please

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk