[Gllug] Help on disk partitioning for Red Hat 8

Robert Boulter robboulter at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 09:38:35 UTC 2003

Hi,
  I have a single physical disc with Windows 98 installed.  Two partitions
have been made C: and D:.  I have copied all windows data from drive D: to
drive C:.  This leaves me with D: for my Red Hat Install.  It is formatted
for vfat.  Using disk druid for a manual install I have installed the root
partition on drive D:.  However I get an error message saying I need to
create a boot disk.  A friend has suggested I need to buy partition magic to
allow me to put /boot on the C: drive.  Any suggestions on a way forward.  I
don't really want to buy any more extra software without knowing what I am
doing,
Regards Rob.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk