[Gllug] DV to DIVX

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Fri Jul 18 15:02:06 UTC 2003

"Eric Stephens" <eric.stephens at blinknow.com> writes:

> 									  Rich,

Hi, I'm a Rich, so I'll field this one

> One of you postings led me to believe you might know the fastest way to go straight from a firewire connected camera playing back Digital8 video to DIVX
> 								     using mencoder.

I used Kino to grab the data to disk, and then mencoder -oac copy
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq $1 maybe. (I remember posting the
final string I used...).

Kino doesn't support encode-while-reading.

However, I think it shouldn't be *too* hard to hack kino to feed
directly into mencored...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml