[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Daniel Andersson daniel at septum.org
Tue Jul 29 16:01:09 UTC 2003

> On Tue 29 Jul will wrote:
> > Rubbish.  People sometimes have restrictions at their workplaces and
> > sometimes this is on the software they can use.  To label all Outlook
> > users as lazy and using the first thing that comes to hand is a
massively
> > unfair generalisation.
>
> Except it's probably true.  You really think there are people out
> there for whom *all* of the below are true?
>
>     * are not allowed to use any form of web-based email software
>     * cannot run putty to get access to a unix system
>     * cannot install different windows email software
>
> I agree it's *possible*.  I just don't think there are any.

why should i?

i'm running outlook express, i can read emails from everyone except people
who use Content-Disposition: inline
(i can read those as well, only thing is that i have to open the attachment)

i can install another email program or i could ssh to my linux-box next to
me or some other unix box

but WHY?

i haven't found any other good email clients out here
none that i like anyway

/ d

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk