[Gllug] Computer shopping

Mark Preston mark at markpreston.co.uk
Sun Jul 27 20:26:40 UTC 2003

Re:-

>>/ PS If you are going to surgest SCSI your going to have to explain why very
/>/> carefully because 18Gb hard disks do not compare well to 80Gb ones for IDE
/>/> when SCSI cards are expensive too. If its needed I'm going to need to say
/>/> /why/ and currently I don't know at all!
/
>Three words...
>5 years warranty

What is the sound like for SCSI drives, are they quieter or more noisy than
IDE drives? I've never had a SCSI hard drive, but if they run quietly I'd
quite like to know more details of where to get a machine with them running -
having had a couple of IDE hard drives fail lately.

Regards,
Mark Preston

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk