[Gllug] color in xterm emacs

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 5 15:50:41 UTC 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, John Hearns yowled:
> It had the capability to do column cuts and pastes - ie. you could
> select columns of text, as well as rows.
>
> I can't remember then name - anyone???
>
> Do any editors running on Linux offer the same - I think it was dead useful.

Others have given vim solutions; the Emacs one is C-x r {blah}; do a C-x r C-h
for info, or look at the `rectangles' section of the manual.

(Plus, there are some elisp packages out there that parse fields into
columns for you and give you kill-column and suchlike; I've never used
them, so I can't say how good they are.)

--
`It is an unfortunate coincidence that the date locarchive.h was
 written (in hex) matches Ritchie's birthday (in octal).'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk