[Gllug] Top-quoting

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Jul 29 16:18:33 UTC 2003

This is what a top quoted email is.  Considered bad form because it is
trivial to edit the message to include only the quotes required for
context.

It's the default way Outlook does its quoting, and so has become
considered "standard" by many.  It is, however, a sign of laziness.

On Tue 29 Jul, Tim Gray bloviated thus:
> t.clarke wrote:
>
> >Can someone tell me what a top-quoted article is ?
> >
> >Tim
>
> Its when you respond above a quote. Here I'm writing in a bottom quote -
> below the quote. Generally considered bad form.
>

> Tim
>

> --

Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "The problem with a system that needs competent managers
  is that it needs competent managers."
- Graydon Saunders