[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Tue Jul 29 21:59:21 UTC 2003

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> In response I was told by one user that I was abusing my employer's
> facilities

I dislike such assuptions being made on mailing lists but then email is so
wonderfully impersonal as to be a fantastic flamefest generation tool.
Nobody else is going to know the terms and conditions of your employment.
It may well be that you put a lot in to your job and expect a reasonable
level of flexibility in return or it may not but that is your business.
  <Something deep and meaningful about a diverse meeting of minds here.>

> When I was at university I gave up on computer science partly because the
> class was full of bores who went on in that way.

I used to be a lot more like that but like to think I mellowed out in
recent times and realised that no matter how much I hate Outlook a
vast number of people who are both intelligent and who positively
contribute use such a mail client - to make a general assupmtion is plain
rediculous. I occasionally use Microsoft Windows when compiling hardware
designs because the tools simply do not work on a Linux box. Whereas I
take measures to login to home and use pine I can understand that others
would rather use the same client they use for everything else.

Jon.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk