[Gllug] [OTish] SureStore DAT24

Taylor James James.Taylor at lbhf.gov.uk
Fri Jul 4 08:58:40 UTC 2003

John Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 11:32:13AM +0100, Tethys wrote:
>>
>> Taylor James writes:
>>
>>> Is this the bargain I think it is?
>>
>> If it works, yes.
>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a cheap (and I mean *cheap*) SCSI card that
>>> would be suitable for getting this thing up and running? I admit
>>> that I know absolutely nothing about SCSI hardware.
>>
>> You should be able to pick an old Advansys card for peanuts these
>> days. They have excellent Linux support, and I highly recommend
>> them. Or you could always go the Adaptec route, but expect to pay a
>> premium for the name. There's usually a reasonable selection on ebay.
>>
>> Tet
>
> You can get an Adaptec 2904, which is a 2940 without the ROM, for
> about 25+VAT. It runs at 5MB/s, and the HP SureStore needs 1MB/s
> sustained, 2MB/s sustained with max compression, and 5MB/s burst.
> This may be cutting it a little too close on the throughput speed of
> the card.

Thanks to everyone for their help on this. I got an Adaptec 2904 off ebay
for around £20 including postage. I'll let you know how I get on.

/me crosses fingers.

--
james

The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete from your system.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk